More on the fabulous fund-raising auction ConFab are hosting for People In Motion, supporting refugees in Dunkirk: West Malvern Social Club, 8.30pm Friday 5 Feb.
Come to the party and bid on the night in cash (+ donations of warm clothing, footwear, sleeping bags, toiletries etc welcome!) OR you can bid by emailing email@example.com anytime BEFORE 7pm on the night.
The generously donated lots include workshops or tuition in juggling, sewing, piano, cooking, aerial silk, writing, flute and even archery. Beautiful silver, gold or pewter jewellery and children’s clothing has been hand-crafted for the event. There are vouchers for spa, pamper and other sessions including a vintage vinyl disco session, baby sitting, home-made baking and much, much, more.
There will be songs sung and poems written to order on the night, neck massages, eco books and too many amazing things to mention here.
Please see the legal notes at the end.
Here’s a list of the lots so far (in no particular order) with pictures of just a few:
|Aerial hoop lessons with Jessica Tasney|
|Piano lessons 4 x 30 mins with Grace Elliot|
|Flute or theory Lessons 4 x 30 mins with Caroline Cassell|
|Malvern Splash passes|
|Tibetan Massage voucher|
|A night’s babysitting by Alice Fraser|
|2 sets of Juggling Balls with one hour’s juggling tuition for 2 with Mark Russell|
|Aerial Silk workshop with Orly Phillips|
|Back and neck massage at Indulgence in Droitwich|
|DJ Random and his Dodgy Disco|
|2 hours’ cleaning services (15 miles from Malvern)|
|4-hour Creative Writing Workshop for 2-6 people (within 25 miles of Malvern) with Myfanwy Fox|
|Overnight stay in Shepherd Hut (Nr Dymock) to include brekkie|
|Cookery voucher for half day cookery course at Our Lizzy HQ in Malvern|
|“Have a go” archery session for 2 people or 4 if a family (children of 8 years or older) to be held at Manor Park by Malvern Archers|
|1-hour professional ‘old school’ Diabolo lesson. Suitable for beginner or advanced with Steve Kaos|
|Full Tarot Reading with Sleep Dragon Tarot|
|Personalised poem by Maggie Doyle|
|Psychic Reading by Julie Angel|
|Pamper Session at LUSH for a group of up to 6 people|
|Baked Goodies from Jessica Tasney|
|Delicious family-sized dish of either lentil and veg lasagne OR fish pie from Samantha Charles|
|Single Tier Celebration Cake to be made when needed|
|2 large Bottles of whisky (top 2 bids win one each)|
|Dinner for 2 in Diglis: a delicious vegetarian/vegan three course delight|
|3 batches of delicious home-made cookies (top 3 bids each win a batch)|
|4 litres of white wine|
|4 litres of rose wine|
|Denim Jacket to fit child aged 3 approx, with matching bag. Handmade by Marguerite Harding|
|Suit to fit child aged 6 approx, Polycotton. Handmade by Marguerite Harding|
|Silver hare pendant with gold moon. Handmade by Fi Mehra
|‘Murgatroyd’ is a handmade Teddy in wool. By Anna Brook|
|Pewter Pendant (lead free pewter and silver plated chain) Handmade by Bernice Le Cornu Cantrill|
|Beech Leaf Pewter Pendant (lead free pewter and silver plated chain) Handmade by Bernice Le Cornu Cantrill
|Cat Goodies collection|
|Essenza Gift Set|
|Babysham Gift Set|
|Dr Marten floral design boots Size 8|
|Size 8 Kinky/Rock Star Boots|
|Apple iPad pro Case|
|Kite 1 – Top quality frameless single line pocket parafoil kite 19×14 inches with long multi tail, including big line spool|
|Kite 2 – Top quality single line ‘super flyer’ kite inc. line and handle|
|Kite 3 – Top quality single line ‘Parachute Kid’ kite inc. line and handle|
|Kite 4 – Top quality 5 foot wingspan ‘stealth’ 2 line stunt delta kite inc. lines, handles, kite bag and CD rom flying instructions|
|Kite 5 – Top quality 5 foot wingspan ‘stealth’ 2 line stunt delta kite inc. lines, handles, kite bag and CD rom flying instructions|
|Kite 6 -Top quality traditional line diamond ‘Dancer’ stunt kite inc. spools and lines|
|Antique brass coal bucket|
|Vintage style watering can|
|Vintage 6 string acoustic guitar (needing new strings)|
|Customised 11 string left-handed acoustic guitar (needing new strings)
|Deco Grand Cocktail tool set|
|Silliest Hamper (The Silliest ConFab Raffle in some Wicker)|
Electric toothbrush from Beacon Dental Care
‘Worry Jelly’ Handmade item from Bronwyn Durand
Scizzor Sisters Workshop – sewing
Parlour Magic performance by Adrian Lawrence – ideal for drawing room party
The Guild of Artisans Aesop skin care products
Bottle of Nicolas Feuilatte Champage
The Old Rectifying House voucher for £36 (covers 2 rump steaks and a bottle of wine)
Henna or face-painting session
Animal watch (in box)
Dancefest offer 4 free sessions from their classes: http://www.dancefest.co.uk/participation/timetable
Vasai £25 voucher
Jar of home-made marmalade with sticky poem by Adrian Mealing
Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe are pleased to donate 4 tickets to the Launch of The Worcestershire Literary Festival 2016. To take place at Worcester Racecourse, Friday 9 June 2016 starting at 7pm. The Launch features the final of the Worcestershire Poet Laureate Competition, announcement of the Flash Fiction Competition Winners, readings by the Young Writer winners and the start of ten days of literary performances finishing with the Poetry & Flash Fiction Slam and end of fest party.
Thanks to Black Pear Press, we have this bundle of Books to bid on:
Weaving Yarns by Heather Wastie
A Stash of Flashes by Worcestershire LitFest
Portraits of Prose by Andrew Owens
Girl’s Got Rhythm by Polly Robinson
Seagrass & Other Stories by Black Pear Press
Two places on the guest list for Malvern Cube Comedy Club up for grabs!
Brewers Arms are offering curry and a drink (pint or wine) for two.
And a LOT more lots available on the night! Too numerous to list everything here.
2 hour dowsing lesson for 2, including dowsing rods, with Gary Williams
Reflexology treatment with Kamala Lynda Todd
2 paintings by Lal Sellars (separate lots)
A personalised lyrics typographic print from good egg stationery
4 hours of gardening services from Allie Gilbert
Syrian meal for 4 made by Nagi El-Bay
Hamper from Iapetus Gallery
Counselling: 4 / 6 sessions with a trainee counsellor.
# # #
Silent Auction Rules – Legal Clauses
- By bidding in ‘The Auction’, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” ConFab Cabaret has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction. ConFab Cabaret and People in Motion accepts cash, or a cheque made payable to ConFab Cabaret.
- The purchaser must pick up all items the night of the auction, unless special arrangements are made. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to People in Motion.
- ConFab Cabaret reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction promise certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from ConFab Cabaret or People in Motion, their elected and appointed officials, members and helpers, the auctioneer, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.